Today's families are usually spread out, across the country, if not the world! So this is a great way to keep each of you close to our family. Even if you can't see the everyday things in our lives, we can tell you about them here.
As I write, it is a Saturday morning. The snow is still falling. Gabe is working overtime today, and Wesley is a busy-bee. He seems to treat play like serious business...very focused & intent on some goal I don't always know about. Every morning, he asks for "Elmo and Cookie", as we let him watch Sesame Street at 8am during the week. The problem is there's no Elmo on weekends. So we get dvd's from the library so he doesn't whine.His new thing these days is to spend at least 30 min in his bed during the mid-morning, playing with one or two toys, buy himself, quietly! A dream come true for a mom!
It seems like Saturdays I am always feeling forlorn...at least since Gabe's been working the overtime lately. It is the end of a week's worth of Wesley care, and I am ready for a different kind of day. I am aware now more than ever of what they call "cabin fever". We have just had about two weeks of zero degree temps. Ugg. I call it "warm day" when the high reaches 14*! Going from the house to the car requires a 10 min process of getting Wesley into his gear: layers of warm clothes, thick socks, a snow suit and boots. Then there's my coat with the awkward zipper, and the dog who needs to go potty every time she sees me put my coat on. How I LONG for spring, farmer's market, outdoor play, walks, daffodils making their miraculous appearance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment